KAMMERSTOCK was an 8 hour event on December 12, 2015. Organized by friends of Tom Kammer to celebrate his musical legacy. Read the story of Tom Kammer by visiting his page. Read the story of Kammerstock here.
The headliner was the BlueShatter Band. The band was created from former members of Shatter and Blue Horizon, both bands where Tom was featured as the drummer. The band will performed one time only at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Oelwein Iowa on December 12, 2015.
BlueShatter performed songs from: Allman Brothers, Joe Walsh, Little Feat, Bad Company, Doobie Brothers, Shatter Originals, Eric Clapton, Peter Frampton, Marshall Tucker, and more!
BlueShatter members include:
- Mark Nicolay – Vocals and guitar – Member of Shatter
- Tom Miller – Vocals, keys, guitar -Member of Shatter
- Mike Fereday – Guitar – Member of Shatter
- Tom Kammer – Drums – Member of Blue Horizon and Shatter
- Kelly Murphy – Guitar – Member of Blue Horizon
- Terry Wheeler – Guitar – Member of Blue Horizon
- Rob Tatro – Bass – Member of Blue Horizon
- Clay Hallberg – Bass – Member of Shatter
- Charlie Hallberg – Drums / percussion – Member of Shatter
Video of BlueShatter at Kammerstock 2015
BlueShatter was prepared to perform a 10 song set but due to the Knights of Columbus having a strict policy on when the event was supposed to end, BlueShatter (the last band to perform) only had time for 5 songs. Also, due to some technical issues, the complete BlueShatter set was not recorded. The video below is the first 4 songs of the BlueShatter set.
The All-Star Jam
The All-Star jam was not officially recorded with the back of the room camcorder due to a technical issue. However, footage gathered by photographer John Kadlec captured most of the two songs performed by the Al-Stars.
Stay tuned until the end of the video to see comments by Tom Kammer and a special slide show of images.